Saturday, October 10, 2009

Introduction to Kristin Taghon, Founder of TAG You're Designing!!

Hi!

Everyone's blogging! I have something to say too! I would love to talk about design, sharing tips and ideas and maybe even get some feedback on my ideas and designs.

My background? I am an artist. I took photography at the School of Museum of Fine Arts. Then, took drawing at the Art Institute of Chicago. I take drawing and oil painting classes every once in a while at Palette and Chisel (an artist coop) and Lill Street Gallery (another more formal version of Palette and Chisel which started out with ceramics but has branched out into other arts).

Now, I am finishing up my Associates in Applied Arts in Interior Design. I had no idea how much I would love designing spaces! It's more than decorating a space. It's also about creating the space, changing walls, lighting and really thinking about the function, ambience and safety issues.

Next week, I foray into the world of architecture when I go to the Passive House Conference in Champaign, IL. This is a new way of creating houses that use hardly any energy! Yes, it's possible and there are houses out there to show us! I will be spending two days in seminars and then a day touring houses that use this technology and concepts.

Please feel free to send ideas on what you'd like to read about. And please come back and visit me often!!!

1 comment:

  1. Keep writing, Kristin - I'm interested in hearing what you're learning!

    ReplyDelete